Support for working families
In farming it’s impossible to prepare for all eventualities. There are lots of reasons why, through no fault of your own, you might need some short-term financial help, even if you’re working.
It could be due to cash flows problems or an accident; an outbreak of TB or adverse weather.
We tailor our support to suit your circumstances, but here are some of the things we can do:
- Buy essential white goods
- Arrange free debt advice
- Pay for relief farm staff if you’ve suffered an injury or illness
- Organise business appraisals
- Pay for training grants, to enable you to earn an additional off-farm income
- Clear domestic bills
- Help with rent / mortgage arrears
We also work with other organisations to ensure you get the emotional and practical support you need. For example, we can help with claims for state benefits, so you get the money you’re entitled to. Our welfare officers do invaluable work helping with forms and paperwork, advising about procedures and processes and attending interviews, panel meetings and appeals.
We can also offer support on a long-term basis for those who are no longer working. Click here to find out more.