The annual Isle of Wight harvest festival returned to Quarr Abbey this year.
Originally founded in 1132, the abbey features surviving ruins from the Cisterian monastery built by Baldwin de Redvers, first Earl of Devon, fourth Lord of the Isle of Wight. They abbey became home to an order of Benedictine monks in 1907 who started work on the now Grade 1 listed church that stands today.
Father Gregory led the service in the grounds of the abbey to maintain social distancing in keeping with current COVID-19 restrictions. Around 30 guests attended the service and Anne Kennerly, chair of the Isle of Wight committee, spoke about the work RABI does to support the farming community.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.