Terms and Conditions of the Winter Fuel Grant 2024
As this grant is available to both working and non-working farming people, you will be asked to answer a set of questions during the online application process to ensure the grant goes to households in need that meet our definition of farming people. The main areas of consideration are as follows:
- If currently non-working, you must have farmed for a minimum of 2 years.
- If retired, you must have farmed for a minimum of 2 years and spent the majority of your working life as a farming person. For example, if you farmed for 2 years and then left farming to work as a lorry driver for 20 years, you would not qualify.
- Financial criteria i.e. do you have less than £500 disposable income pcm after critical living expenses? OR are you in receipt of statutory benefits that indicate a low-income household?
- Typical critical living expenses, as defined by Joseph Rowntree Calculator, are Rent/Mortgage, Council Tax, Water Rates, Food, Utilities, Insurance, Child Care, Travel Expenses.
- You must have farmed in England, Wales & NI and still be living within England, Wales & NI to receive the grant.
- Successful applicants are not required to provide evidence of how funds are spent.
- Successful applicants must be able to provide the relevant personal banking details for WFG 2024 payment. Please note the account must be in the applicant’s name either singularly or as a joint personal account. Business accounts will not be accepted.
- Successful WFG 2024 applicants will be considered for additional support, offered by RABI, which can be accessed via the RABI 24hr helpline 0800 188 4444.
- Successful applicants agree to permit follow up contact from the RABI support team, to either:
- share their feedback about the impact of the WFG 2024,
- enable RABI to carry out a post campaign review to gauge campaign accuracy,
- allow us to discuss additional support services that you may be entitled to from RABI.
Applications will be reviewed against the following areas:
- All mandatory fields completed on the application form.
- All necessary information provided i.e. ID uploaded & bank details supplied.
- Application information meeting the eligibility criteria relevant for the WFG 2024.
- Truth declaration completed.
- T&Cs agreed to.
All completed applications will be reviewed by the central RABI team against the above criteria.
- All applicants will be notified if their application has been approved or declined via email.
- Successful applicants will receive payment within 21 days of approval.
- If the RABI assessment team does not reach agreement on an application, RABI’s Director of Services reserves the right to make the final decision.
- If any applicant is dissatisfied with the outcome of the assessment process, they can lodge a complaint which will be dealt with in accordance with RABI’s complaint policy: Complaints policy & procedure - RABI